Testing Machines Inc.or TMI , are globally recognized as the leading supplier of Coefficient of Friction instrumentation. TMI Coefficient of Friction Tester or generally called as TMI COF Model 32-76 uses advanced digital force signaling and high speed data acquisition software providing unmatched precision and repeatability in COF testing.
Improved features include a color touchscreen display and intuitive software user interface for easy navigation and test method storage.
Based on the horizontal plane method, coefficient of friction and slip properties aid in the evaluation of chemicals and additives used to create, monitor or minimize the degree of friction between two contacting test specimens or surfaces.
FEATURES of TMI Coefficient of friction tester ( COF )
- 7” full-color digital touchscreen display
- High speed data collection and analysis for precise measurement of static COF with 500 readings during the first second
- Selectable units (COF or grams)
- Selectable load cells 1 to 100 N
- n Automatically reports static and kinetic friction results after measurement
- Settable distance and time for Static and Kinetic
- Test storage including individual results up to 200 readings, average and standard deviation
- Direct drive arm with unique skid control
- Sled-connecting mechanism ensures level pulling action
- New magnetic sled simplifies testing and throughput
- Direct output to PC based GraphMaster software providing friction curve analysis and storage
- Micro USB output for PC connection and printer (GraphMaster compatible)
Supported Standards for TMI Co-Efficient of Friction
ASTM D 1894 – Standard Test Method for Static and Kinetic Coefficients of Friction of Plastic Film and Sheeting.
ISO 8295 – Plastics-Film and Sheeting-Determination of the Coefficients of Friction.
TAPPI T 549 – Coefficients of Static and Kinetic Friction of Uncoated Writing and Printing Paper (Horizontal Plane Method).
TAPPI T816 – Coefficient of Static Friction of Corrugated and Solid Fiberboard
(Horizontal Plane Method)