TMI Pocket Goniometer also called as Digital Goniometer is a convenient tool for measuring dynamic contact angle
TMI Pocket Goniometer PGX+ model 68-76 is a portable, video-based instrument designed for quality control applications. To perform a measurement, simply place the unit directly on the specimen and press “start.” No sample cutting or preparation is required, saving set up time and eliminating the need for sample manipulation.
The integrated pump in Digital Goniometer delivers accurate droplets in steps of 0.5 μl and the built-in camera captures single droplet images to determine the static contact angle at “equilibrium” or a sequence of images to measure the dynamic wetting, rate of sorption and spreading as a function of time. The PGX+ software measures surface tension of the test liquid, calculates the surface energy of a solid and includes a report generator. The PGX+ is connected directly to the USB port of a laptop or a desktop computer.
The PGX+ is shipped in a carrying case complete with a User’s Manual, software for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 (32 and 64 bit), a calibration kit, spare pump tubing and a droplet dispenser.
Features of TMI Pocket Goniometer PGX+
Checks Surface Properties
for Contamination, Adhesion and Printability of metals, polymers, glass, paper, board and more
Portable and Convenient
no sample cutting required
Measures Static Contact Angle
on non-sorptive surfaces
Measures Dynamic Contact Angle
as wetting, absorption and spreading over time
Measures Surface Tension
determined from the shape of a pendant droplet
Determines Surface Energy
using one or more probing liquids
- Small size – 90 (L) x 55 (W) x 90 (H) mm
- Integrated camera – captures 80 images/sec (640×480 pixels)
- Built-in pump – delivers precise droplets in 0.5 μl steps
- Automatic Droplet Application – Static and Dynamic Mode
- Runs on most PC & Laptops (USB)
- Easy to install – no hardware to put inside computer!
- User-friendly software for Windows XP/Vista/7/8/8.1 (32 and 64 bit)
- Instrument software based on 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems
Supported Standards for TMI Pocket Goniometer / Digital Goniometer
TAPPI T458, ASTM D-724, ASTM D-5946