TMI Crease and Board Stiffness tester is useful to industries of carton board, paper, printing and packaging. The relationship between board stiffness and crease recovery (spring back) is an important factor in the performance of cartons on high speed packaging machines and in manual folding. It is crucial to have the creases in boards correct and uniform. The crease recovery (spring back) can result in forces, which distort the carton or cause stresses to be applied to closures, which reduce their effectiveness.
In TMI Crease and Board Stiffness tester, Board stiffness is determined by bending a 2 in (50mm) length of board through a 15° angle. Crease recovery is determined by holding a formed crease at 90° and measuring the recovery force after 15 seconds. This instrument measures the bending resistance of the board and evaluates commercially formed creases. With interchangeable jaws to test square corner packs and round corner packs. The sample is griped in jaws and rotated through a set angle, the force transmitted through the sample is measured. To assist in accurate cutting of sample specimens, a Crease and Board Stiffness cutter is included.
Features of TMI Crease and Board Stiffness tester
• Easy to use, dual purpose instrument
• Determines both board and crease stiffness in the range of 0-399 gf (0 to 3.91 N)
• Digital display of measured force in grams
• Stiffness Bending 15°
• Bending Angle 90°
• RS232 Output
• Test time 15 seconds
• Accuracy ±2% of reading
• Durable construction
• Dual function sample cutter prepares precision samples for bending stiffness and crease spring back tests.
• Sample cutter for left and right hand operation and calibration check weight included
• Model 79-11-00-0003 comes supplied with two interchangeable (crease recovery) sample jaw assemblies. One crease recovery jaw assembly tests (90 degree fold) and the other , when fitted to the machine, tests round corner packaging materials in accordance with Philip Morris method PMI 068.
Supported Standards for TMI Crease and board Stiffness Tester
Philip Morris No. 068
Determination of the spring-back force of scores of packaging materials.
Creasing properties of carton board. Method for determination of crease recovery (spring back) of carton fold
Method for determination of resistance to bending of paper and board