THE CF-800XS CO-EFFICIENT OF FRICTION TESTER DETERMINES THE STATIC AND KINETIC FRICTION PROPERTIES OF PLASTIC FILMS, FOILS, LAMINATES, PAPERS AND BOARDS. THE EQUIPMENT PERFORMS TESTS TO RECOGNISED INTERNATIONAL TEST STANDARDS INCLUDING BS 2782 METHOD 824A, ASTM 1894, ISO 8295, AND TAPPI T549.
RDM Coefficient of Friction Tester CF-800XS features the latest in design and technology for machine set up, testing, measurement and recording using touch panel screen display units. The constant, smooth lead screw driven cross arm ensures reliable and repeatable measurement.
Other benefits include of RDM Coefficient of Friction Tester CF-800XS: Vacuum suction on the bed to clamp the material, optional temperature control circuit to heat the bed for `hot slip´ values, together with analogue recorder output and RS232 output for either chart recorder logging or computer data logging of results.
Touch Screen Precision Friction Tester for determining Static and Kinetic Friction of packaging materials to ASTM, BS, ISO and TAPPI standards
The successful processing of flexible films or paper and board is largely dependent on the correct coating of ‘SLIP’ additives applied to the material. The successful forming of the material requires easy sliding or flow over formers on the packaging machine where at high speed acute angles can change the direction of flow to produce a tube or pouch. The application of ink on the film, will cause the properties of slip to change, therefore the need to measure and control Coefficient of Friction is paramount.
Accuracy and versatility in testing is vital, and the CF800-XS provides the technology and range of options to deliver for your specific needs. An intelligent controller and touch screen user interface stores multiple settings for later recall, and controls settings to ensure calibrated accuracy to international testing standards.
RDM Coefficient of Friction Tester CF-800XS is essential for measuring the slip properties of packaging materials to ensure smooth running on production packaging machines or to measure the effect that a coating or print has on base material.
Benefits of RDM Coefficient of Friction Tester (COF) CF-800XS:
- Versatility to meet ASTM, BS, ISO and TAPPI standards
- Integral controller and data analysis for stand alone use in laboratory and production environments, optional pc data acquisition
- Convenient built in graphical display of test data and trends over multiple samples
- Simple test set up and memory of settings for later recall makes switching between methods fast
- Low Maintenance – 12 months between calibrations
Features of RDM Coefficient of Friction Tester (COF) CF-800XS:
- 5.7″ touch screen controller for precise control and measurement of force, distance and speed
- Memory recipe function for quick and accurate recall of settings
- Vacuum suction across the test bed for fast clamping of test material
- Optional heated test bed for determination of ‘Hot Slip’ values
More Options for RDM Coefficient of Friction Tester (COF) CF-800XS
- Temperature circuit for HOT SLIP measurement
- Software package for data logging via RS232 link
- Ski sled 100g for measurement of stainless steel on test material
- Bed inserts to give test comparison with different metals
- Peel attachment for 90 and 180 deg peel test
Supported Standards for RDM Coefficient of Friction (COF) Tester CF_800XS
BS 2782, METHOD 824A, ASTM 1894, ISO 8295, AND TAPPI T549.